We invite you to an evening with refreshments in Parsons Meade Community Centre on Friday 12th April, starting at 7:30 pm, to find out what has been achieved so far in Hunsbury Hill Country Park with the funds granted us by the Heritage Lottery Fund. All are welcome. It’s free. No tickets required.
The organisations and people who have been involved during the past year will present the results of their surveys and investigations and will answer your questions. There will be presentations from :
- the Wildlife Trust for Beds, Cambs & Northants (WTBCN) [Habitat Survey]
- Northamptonshire Biodiversity Records Centre (NBRC) [Bioblitz/Species Listings]
- Brampton Valley Training (BVT) [Tree Surveys]
- The Tree Trail designer, Francesca Service
- Events Manager, Luisa Jepson
Why not come along and find out about the wildlife habitats and species that we have in our Park, as well as some fascinating facts about the history, if only the trees could talk.
For example, did you know that in 1631 a Mrs Lucas was burnt at the stake within the Hillfort for apparently poisoning her husband ? Come and find out more.